Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm pretty much Jack the Ripper...of computers.

Yes. The (apparently) inevitable event has indeed happened. I've killed my laptop.
I killed it.
DEAD.

To forego the many curse words I would like to apply to my current situation, I will, instead, just have a moment of silence for the latest victim of my computer-killing spree. It's quite sad, really. This laptop was still just a baby. Only 4 months old. I'd like to say a few short words about it...

Dear Laptop.
At the tender age of 4 months, you decided to leave this world in a blaze of glory and crashed hard-drives.
You were a good, if short-lived, friend, that provided many a hour on Facebook and MSN. Hours that should have, probably, been devoted to lesson-planning.
You survived the trans-atlantic journey to England only to lose your life tragically one grey Saturday morning when I pressed the power button, unknowingly delivering the fatal blow to your system.

O, woe is me, dear laptop. Just so you know, I will always remember you.

I will always remember you as the POS laptop I bought from Futureshop, the store which is currently on the receiving end of some seriously violent thoughts from me at the moment.

In closing, dear laptop,

I hope you burn in the eternal fires of damnation.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Futureshop have a plan that covers laptops?

    I checked into the 3 year warranty when I was going to buy one and they apparently cover repairs if you are in the UK. I'd try to find out if you can.

    :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete