Sunday, November 28, 2010

20 Days!

Yes. Please expect every post from now until Christmas (which, I will admit, probably won't be astronomical in number) to start off with a count-down numbering the days to my return to Canada. As of today, it's 20!! It still seems sooo far away but, in reality, the time will (hopefully) go by incredibly fast and before I know it, I'll be home :)!


The most exciting event to occur in the last few days is the dusting of snow I saw when I woke up yesterday. I was so excited! And by "dusting" of snow, I literally mean that. There was barely enough to make footprints in, but I still was pumped! This is a great little preview for my trip home at Christmas. I've also been told by most of my colleagues that, if we are to get oh, say, 5cm or so of snow, life as we know it comes to a screeching halt. England isn't prepared for the "wintery" weather.


Seeing the snow really put me in the winter mood and, with that, put me into holiday mode! On my excursions out and about yesterday, I bought 1) A book titled The Wicked Wit of Winston Churchill and 2)...
A little Christmas tree!
I've named the tree Charlie, after Charlie Brown, and he (it?) is sitting happily and merrily on my coffee table. Meet Charlie!
I realize I won't actually be in England on Christmas day, but the little tree just is a little holiday cheer while I count down the days.
The town center is decked out for Christmas and with lights and Christmas trees and stores are already blasting the holiday tunes. I'll have to make sure to get some pictures! I'm starting to get over the touristy-phase of living here and am not taking as many pictures as I first did upon arriving in England.
I'm experiencing my first set of long reports at school...the Canadian equivalent of report cards. Luckily, all my classes aren't due at once. Rather, the long reports are issued by year group so I only have to tackle it one year at a time. This is extremely helpful as I am having difficulty finding the right wording on reports. I'm nervous about my first parents evening. I've already had a parent tell me over the phone I sound too young to be a teacher...I can't wait until they meet me face to face.
The weather is beautiful here today and it is calling for another chance of "snow" and I think that is my cue to get outside and enjoy the sunshine, while it lasts. I'd take a snowstorm over the more-common rain and grey skies any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment