Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Never a Dull Moment...

For my under-age readers, this is your one and only warning. This post contains adult content.



...





I warned you.



So, the days are winding down before Christmas break and the atmosphere in the classroom is, naturally, slacking a little bit. It was only in 2nd period that I realized just how comfortable my students are with me.



3 quiet girls, who are oh so polite and nice to me in class.



"Miss?" They beckon me over
Me: "Yes??"
"What does 'cheuz' mean?"
Me: "Cheers?"
They repeat the word with several different inflections and pronunciations and me asking several different words: "Cheese? Chez? Jez?" (You may guess where this is heading right now..)
"No!" They say. "Like...in your pants. Jizz? Like jizz in your pants. We saw it on Youtube."
Me: "Oh dear God."

For any of you that are unawares, Andy Samberg and other Lonely Island boys made this music video called "Jizz in my Pants" that tells the unfortunate tale of a man who suffers from...premature ejaculation. And, apparently, this term "jizz" did not translate from American English into Her Majesty's English.

Well. Didn't we all just learn a fun little linguistic difference between England and Canada?

And the students were so curious as to why I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment