Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Home Stretch

Well, I've finally made it to the home stretch. I am barely 2 weeks away from home and the end of my second year of teaching. It's been a long year, full of all kinds of new experiences, both the good and bad. There. That's the most reflective that I'll be in this post.

 I'm proud to say that I am able to cross another place off of my bucket list. I visited Tintern Abbey, just across the Welsh border, a few days ago. To explain why this place drew me so much...

In my third year of university, I was taking an English Literature course and we had a 5 pound textbook...I'm not even close to exaggerating (I weighed the sucker). In this textbook were all of the texts, poems, extracts, sonnets, passages, soon and so forth, that we needed to have in our possession to be a successful English student. One such poem was Wordsworth's poem, aptly named "Tintern Abbey." Alongside the poem was a beautiful picture of the Abbey. At that moment, I knew that I had to see this place in person one day. It was such a beautiful, ethereal and almost too beautiful for words.

If I thought a picture of the place was spectacular, being there in person is almost indescribable. It was beauty beyond words and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. So, another country and another site off my list.

Not much else to report...I think everyone is in countdown mode now, students and staff alike. Roll on summer.

Oh. I suppose I must now eat my words. Not only have I reconciled with Tom (we all remember Tom)...we're dating. True story.

Damn.

The British men finally got me.

4 comments:

  1. Whaaaaaaaat!! Actually, who am I to talk, I've been dating an Irishman for the last god knows how many years. Very jealous you got to see Tintern Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tintern was amazing! I loved it.

      And as for the British man...well, he wore me down eventually.

      Delete
  2. Can I punch him if he is a dick to you again?

    XOXO

    SEE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOn!!!!!!!

    Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I will pass along that message. You can be first in line if he slips up. See you SOOOOOOON!!!!

      Delete