Thursday, February 17, 2011

And Where to Go From Here...

Happy 6 month anniversary England! It's been 6 months ago today that I stumbled off the plane at Heathrow and took my first look around at my new home. It still doesn't exactly feel like home, but definitely more familiar to me now.

That blissful, care-free week I was hoping for in the run up to mid-term break? Yeah, as if that would happen.

I've had both up's and down's this week. One of the up's (actually more of a weird but funny question) was when one of my quietest boys asking me what kind of toothpaste I used. No joke. Another really positive note is that I am taking off for Ireland in less than 48 hours. Definitely looking forward to a holiday. A positive postscript to add to that is there will be lots o' cider available to me when I reach the Emerald Isle. Sláinte!

That brings me to my down's of the week...today, I recieved a timetable change, along with most of the other staff in my department. I'm expanding my teaching into Year 10 now and, while I realize I will have full support from my colleagues, I will be totally out of my comfort zone until I adjust. Which I fully understand is going to take awhile.

Sadly, as well as marking my anniversary of moving to England, today also marks the anniversary of a classmate's death 6 years ago today. I still think about you, and I miss you. Wherever you are, in whatever form, I hope that you are happy and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment