Saturday, September 17, 2011

Jessica C Presents...

The adventures of the Hoblet.

Another week has come and gone and I'm very happy that it's the weekend. Rehearsals for WWRY have picked up to twice/week and I'm definitely noticing the difference. My week has been really busy, but it's been a good one. The show is coming together and, in 10 short weeks, it will be going up! This is an open invitation to every single friend and family member who is reading this (along with my apparent fanbase in Germany and Poland...really?)-- if you come to my show, I will buy your ticket. And throw in a crumpet or two to sweeten the deal.

All that aside, this week coming should be exciting. Some staff & students are making another trip down to the West End to see a musical--this time we're going to The Lion King! I'm really excited, I've heard that it's one of the best performances to see. I'm also excited for rehearsals for my show and being one week closer to my mid-term holiday (I enjoy looking into the future).

Due to some very late nights throughout the week (more specific, some very early mornings because of a new-found discovery of webcam on Facebook), I was planning on having an early night last night. Around 9:30, Aran's lovely girlfriend, Plamina, texted to say that we were going out and I had an hour to get ready. So much for my early night.

We got all dressed up and headed out for some drinks and catchup. A good and incident-free night (Plamina assuming the identity of a lesbian Canadian named Louise aside) until we were making the tottering walk home. The long-legged Plamina easily climbed over a low cement median dividing the road and warned me not to fall. What do I do? Fall. Spectacularly. Cuts to the hand, both knees and the crook of my knee scraped and cut nicely open. I am a wonder. I got home, cleaned up and now walk like I have permanent swagger. Oh yeah. I'm gangster without even trying.

And that is the tale of The Hoblet.

No comments:

Post a Comment