Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

So here it is another weekend...another week come and gone. It was a busy week at work this week..two rehearsals, one definitely better than the other, and a paired lesson observation. To explain to anyone unfamiliar with the British system, lesson observations are when members of senior leadership (the headmaster, vice principals, etc) come into your lesson to watch you, see how you teach and see how the students are doing. It always makes me nervous, but it's a good progress check. Anyway, each year, during the first month of school, teachers are observed and my turn was yesterday morning. First lesson, the kids are usually still sleepy and pretty quiet. My lesson observation went well, I got almost perfect marks, so I'm quite happy with that.

Rehearsals for WWRY have picked up to twice a week now, once on Monday and once on Thursday. Monday is usually singing and choreography and Thursday is putting it all together. I can't believe it's only 9 weeks until the show comes up. Really...dear, sweet readers. Please come see my show. It's gonna rock you.

The most exciting thing in the next week--no lesson observations (for me!) and a trip to the West End to see The Lion King on Wednesday evening. Can't wait :). Next on the list to see is Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Mamma Mia, Billy Elliot, Matilda, Shrek...the list goes on and on. I think I need a pay raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment