Saturday, April 30, 2011

27 Days to Go!

Yes, dear readers (any readers??), another countdown has begun. Instead of a countdown to my return to Canada (less than 100 days to go!), I'm counting down my next return to Norway. I had a fantastic week in Norway and was sad to go home.

So, after our return from the mountains and back to Stavanger, it was a strenuous regiment of walking around the lake to throw bread to (at) the ducks, eating, eating, eating, going out for drinks and lots of hanging out and Wii. Tough schedule for sure. On Saturday night, Kristian's parents hosted Easter dinner which served up lamb, ham, scalloped potatoes, snow peas, asparagus and carrots...delicious! Jon Einar, Kristian's father, offered me a taste of aquavit, a traditional Norwegian liquor that is served with fatty foods. It's said that aquavit cuts through the fat and helps you digest the meal. Slightly misunderstanding Jon Einar telling me to take small sips throughout the meal, I took my serving as a shot. After some laughing at my facial expressions, Halvor (Kristian's brother) laughed and said "welcome to the family!"...I'm a viking now.

So, it was back to England and the countdown to the Royal Wedding was on. Wait--who am I kidding. This country has been counting down to the wedding for months. Either way, I decided to forego the insanity of London and watch the wedding from my own apartment. It was beautiful, extremely lavish and probably cost an astonishing amount. Annnd...then it was done. Done and over with. I was hoping to go to Scotland for the rest of the weekend but those plans fell through as well.

Now that this silly wedding has come and gone, the focus can really shift to the most important wedding that is still to come--Sarah's wedding in July! But, before that, another trip to Norway, some school mixed in here and there, so on and so on. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment