Sunday, November 20, 2011

Always Counting

No matter what time of the year it is, I always seem to be counting down to something. Half-term, Christmas, half-term (again), summer holiday, going on a trip, going home...there is always something to count down to. It's less than a month now until I go home for Christmas, and in 2 weeks time, the musical that I have worked on for the better part of a year will be over. I'll have to find something new to count down to, another goal to keep in mind.

Today, however, I am not counting down toward something, but marking another year passing. It has been 19 years today since my mother passed away, and it's my least favourite day to mark during the year. I miss her and love her, very much. Even if I don't have many memories of her, I appreciate all the stories that I am told by friends and family about the amazing woman that was my mother. I think about her often and hope that I will be like her someday.

I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be.

I miss you and I love you. Wherever you are, I hope that you are happy, at peace, and proud of your daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment