Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cracking a Smile

My year 10s...God love them (because somebody has to)...came up with this gem of a quote:

Student: "Who the hell is that with the glasses? Is that Jesus?"
Me: "No....That would be Eric Clapton."


And thank my Year 9 boys for...

Me: "Bobby**--pick up the marker and paper you just threw on the floor, please."
Student: "Racist."

Student: "Miss, what's your password?" (To log onto my account on the computer system)
Me, laughing: "Not a chance I'm telling you."
Student: "...It's cause I'm Albanian, isn't it?"

I've also lost count of students who call my country "Canadiana." Whether they are trying to get a rise out of me or genuinely don't know the difference...I can't be sure which it is. But, considering I had someone ask me at 3:30 this afternoon if it was already tomorrow in Canada (because of the time difference), I'm leaning towards not knowing any better.

**Name has been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment