Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sorry, Little Blog.

I have been ignoring you..how rude of me.

Really, it's not that I have been ignoring my dedicated fans (all 7 of you...8 on a real busy day), it's just that nothing of note has been happening in my life as of late. I've been steadily counting down the days until I make my glorious return to Canada (32!!!) and the end of term. While I still have just over 4 weeks to go, I've got that end-of-school-feeling. We're moving all the year groups up at the beginning of July, just to get them off to a smooth start in September, so it feels like a I have a really short term to get through through July.

I'm finding myself struggling to stay motivated and dedicated in this wind-down period. But, it's the little things that make me realize that I've made the right decision in becoming a teacher...


















...it's reasons like this. Finding notes like this left on my whiteboard, from a student who, weeks earlier, told me what she thought of me...and it wasn't on the similar wavelength as this note.
It's realizing that, after only a few months, I'm no longer that pain-in-the-ass English teacher. I'm someone constant, someone to depend on.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, I was "well pleased" (to sound a little British) to find this note at the end of a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment