Monday, June 6, 2011

Wasn't I Just Here??

Another adventure, another first-day-back-at-school-exhaustion awaiting me today.

My trip to Norway was so much fun. Arrived on Friday night, bedtime, and up on Saturday to prepare for Sarah's Sex and the City-themed bachelorette party! Michelle, Sarah's colleague, and I were out running errands and doing the last-minute stuff. It all came together and about 20 of us were there to celebrate. We ate, drank, played some fun games, danced and had a blast. Some of the girls went downtown for some more dancing. Sore feet from heels, a drunk Norwegian hitting on me and a cold wait standing in line for a cab, it was back to Sarah & Kristian's just before 3AM.

The next morning, in the light of day, it looked like a pink, glittery bomb had gone off in the apartment. So, all in all, the party was a huge success. Many a Facebook picture to come...stay tuned for sure.

The rest of my stay (save for Tuesday, the day that the holiday heaves struck again and I was left sick for the day) was fantastic. I spent a lot of time with Michelle and her adorable 7 month son, Jesper, and had a great time hanging out with Sarah & Kristian. Lots of eating, went to the movies a couple of times and having a great BBQ in the great weather. Perfect vacation to me.

Saturday was Kristian's bachelor party and, despite waking up with a fever and feeling generally gross, Kristian was a trooper and pulled through. When we saw him again on Sunday, he sounded like he'd been gargling whiskey (probably accurate) and chewing gravel. So, I think his party was a success as well. I packed up, got on my plane and landed in rainy, rainy London town. 3 train changes later, I was back in Northampton.

And we've come full circle. Welcome back to reality kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment